Sunday 8 May 2011

Bike ride, Braintree - Bethers & run

7.5.11

Train from Liverpool St to Braintree.

Route back via Great Dunmow, High Roothing, Leaden Roothing, Fyfield, Tylers Green, North Weald Bassett, Epping, Chingford & canal back to flat.  Went off this course at multiple points, must find a sense of direction.  Thought i'd push from the start as I did not want to get the the end and felt like I hadn't, I therefore really felt it in every part of my legs during the last quarter.  I should probably have eaten something on the bike before I stopped in Chingford.  
Another learning point was that I must be more selective when choosing which Ladies to use. 
Mud, cleats & pedals do not make for a quick stop.  Spent far too much time than i'd like trying to get the mud off.
Spent circa 5 hours on the bike then did a 70 min run around the canal/ Vicky Park, did not hammer it, just tried to keep a steady pace.

Pretty shattered when got back.


Had a pint of choco milk, showered, slept for an hour & half, ate then went out for a few drinks.
Legs aching already.


Really pleased with the 6 hours of training. 

No comments:

Post a Comment